Saturday, August 4, 2007

The world needs more special kids

My husband and I have been unable to find but one book which does not focus on grief now that you have a new baby with Down's syndrome. I think more people with Down's syndrome is what the world needs right now.
People with Down's syndrome are more intune with themselves and others they are able to read a situation or peoples reactions annd have wonderful social skills. At a time of war when a bridge collapses and the fist comment on CNN is that it could be terrorists, when we can't see the forset for the trees, our special citizens could show us the way to reconnect with one another.
I truely believe Nathen is a blessing we wanted him and still do and I am not grieving. I believe that Nathen was sent to us to teach us patience and how to be more intune with each other as a family.
I just finished reading Mariane Pearl's wonderful book about the death of her husband and how the world needs seekers of truth and people who know how to live and enjoy life. Who knows that better than someone with Down's syndrome.
I want to hear stories of achievement, happy experiences, and stories of celebration about our children, friends and family members who just happen to have Down's syndrome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect book for you.... it's called Gifts. I am one of the contributors, also the webmaster for our website.

http://giftsds.segullah.org/

I also have an extensive list of other blogs whose families have a child with a little bit of something extra by way of a triplicate 21st chromosome aka Down syndrome.

Jacquie said...

Sadly we lost our little angel. I did look into the book gifts however, I never finished it. Maybe as I heal I will read it again. Thank-you so much.