Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Revamping the diet

The soup diet isn't working for me.  I am losing weight but not fast enough and it leads to bindging when I do eat out.  I am craving eggs, pasta everything.  So here is my new plan.. water.. that has been my weakness I will finish the water jug daily even if it means chugging it at the end of the day.
So I will do a shake (carnation) since I have a bunch in my cupboard from before my husband passed away or a smoothie for breakfast.  For lunch I will do soup or salad making sure to practice portion control.. no more than a small soup bowl of food. Then a piece of fruit or cup of Zero yogurt if desired afterward.  Supper will be sensible.. no more than a small soup bowl of food but It will include meat or eggs and veggies and maybe even brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
I am also adding two squares of dark chocolate and one cup of green tea a day to my diet.  The dark chocolate is a nice treat and has some excellent health benefits especially with my weight induced health risks that it can help curb.  Green tea is supposed to have weight loss properties.

No comments: